Sunday, September 18, 2011

OOTD and a Cold from the Cold

Hi, you guys!  I'm not feeling too well tonight, so this is going to be pretty short.  The weather is getting cooler, and I spent most of the evening Thursday at an outdoor concert in chilly, chilly temperatures.  Of course, I was underdressed as far as weather was concerned (more on that later this week), and ever since then, I've had a sore throat and the sniffles.  I know it's an old wives' tale, but I swear, every time I spend time outside in cold weather, I get a cold.  I will confess, though, that my cold didn't keep me from going to the Steelers game today (Go black and gold!), but I think that just wore me out even more.

Since this is primarily a fashion blog, here's an OOTD from this past Monday at school:

Cardigan: Express from several years ago
Tshirt: Loft
Skirt: J.Crew No. 2 double-serge wool pencil in jazzy purple
Belt: Merona for Target
Necklace: Vintage
Shoes: Cole Haan Nike Air Peep Toe Pumps

On Sept. 12th, I was one of the M.C.s for a September 11th assembly that our school held for our students.  I really didn't have to do or say much; the other teacher and I just explained the logistics of a semi-new anti-bullying program and then introduced a video on September 11th, but I still felt like I needed to look professional and put-together to be in front of our entire student body and staff.  Pencil skirts always make me feel professional and put-together, so I went with this one.  It was so comfortable; I can't wait to wear it again.


I do plan on getting this skirt hemmed at least 2 inches so that it hits just above my knees.  Thank you to all of you that suggested trying petite sizes.  I checked the J.Crew website, but this color was sold out in both petite and regular sizes awhile ago.  I'll definitely remember that for future J.Crew pencil skirt purchases, though!

I hope you all have a wonderful evening!  

5 comments:

  1. See I think on you, with your proportions, you could keep the skirt that length, you look so pretty in this.

    I can't believe you went to a football game while kind of sick. You are a true fan!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the length of the skirt too. Nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh between the cat in specs and those fab Missoni shoes down below, I'm not sure what I love most.
    I like the length too, that's how I'd like to wear mine, I'd like another inch on the length they have out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm eyeing up the pink pants you bought, I love them and they are more wearable than the crazy print ones - I might pounce on them when I get paid at the end of the month.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dina - Thanks! I AM a true fan, I guess. It's so tough to get tickets to Steeler games, so when the opportunity comes, we pounce!

    LR - Thank you! I'm glad to have some other opinions on the skirt!

    Tabitha - The pink pants are awesome. They're just the right blend of wearable pizazz haha. After seeing everyone's reviews of the taffeta pants, I couldn't recommend the silk shantung ones enough.

    ReplyDelete