Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Professional Purple

Part of my week of craziness last week involved my school's Open House, where parents come in and do a walk-through of their child's schedule.  Our open house has a bell schedule, so parents spend about 10 minutes in each class.  I always try to look professional, yet approachable at Open House, because it's really important to me that parents know they can call/email/talk to me about anything they or their son/daughter may need.  This is what I wore:
Blouse:  Missoni for Target, sz. XS
Skirt: J.Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt in double-serge wool in jazzy purple, sz. 4
Belt: Merona for Target, sz. S
Shoes:  Cole Haan Nike Air Peep-toe Pumps, sz. 7.5

First of all, I don't know what it is with me pairing that skirt with that belt.  I can't stop wearing them together, even against my better judgment.  I know I should've worn a black belt, if any belt at all, with that outfit, but I just. can't. help. myself.  I feel like that blouse would probably work well with a black pencil skirt, and THEN maybe I could throw on the belt.

I ended up going to the chiropractor about an hour before Open House, and he really did a number on my hip.  I had been having problems with it popping wayyyy out for a few weeks, and he's been working to get it back to normal.  Of course, the night of Open House was the night that it FINALLY moved back to where it's supposed to be.  That meant that I was supposed to stay off of my feet the rest of the night and most of the next day.  I laughed when he told me that.  He did say that heels would hurt, but they wouldn't hinder my recovery, so of course, I wore them.  Stupid girl, lol.

I did spend most of the night sitting in front of the "classes" of parents, instead of standing, so I considered that a fair compromise. :)

4 comments:

  1. I really like the belt with the skirt! I rarely wear belts as I don't want to emphasise my lack of waist but if I had your figure I'd belt everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That hip thing freaks me out. I am a big baby about joint problems. I have a very flexible frame, which has caused me issues, esp. in pregnancy. I won't even tell you, but it involved my hips, pain, and a freaking cane. Come on, now. :P

    Sitting is definitely okay. You should take care of yourself!!!

    I love this combo, and I agree with Tabitha, you absolutely should keep that belt, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit on you - beautiful! Pinks and purples but the missoni keeps it modern instead of too girly. I am now debating the jazzy purple (already have the pencil in dusty blossom, camel, mustard, cinnamon, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all of the wonderful colors you have going on in this outfit.

    I would be all over that jazzy purple skirt if I didn't already have a purple skirt.

    ReplyDelete